HOW TO MAKE POM POM WREATH
This Pom Pom Wreath is a fun to make alternative to the traditional Christmas wreath. You can make it with materials you may already have laying about the house. Get the kids involved in making the Pom Poms and you’ll have this cheerful Christmas decoration made in no time at all.
There are lots of similar versions of this project out there, but here is how I made mine.
You will need:
- Lots of yarn in your favourite colour combination
- Large piece of stiff cardboard
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Large and small plate or something to trace a circle
- Pom Pom maker or extra cardboard to make pom poms with
How to make a Pom Pom Wreath
1. Gather your materials.
2. Mark a large circle on your cardboard by tracing around the edge of your plate, and do the same with the smaller plate. It out your ring. This will be the base of your wreath.
3. Make a couple of small holes and thread a double loop of yarn through for hanging.
4. Make a truck load of pom poms! Ok now make a few more. You can use a pom pom maker or make them the old fashioned way. Arrange your pom poms on the ring and glue them down firmly. Trim to neaten and you are done!
Hang on a door to for a festive welcome. Would also be fun as part of a table centrepiece (although maybe keep away from candles).
Tune in tomorrow to see how I’ve used it in my festive decorations.
POM POM CRAFT IDEAS TO LOVE
Pom Pom making is super fun and quite addictive. You really can’t stop at making just one.
But what to do with all those pom poms after a pom pom making spree. I’ve got Pom Pom Craft Ideas that you are sure to love.
Pom poms are a fantastic way to add a little bit of pizzazz to accessories and decor – no special crafting skills required.
If you’ve never made a pom pom before, here’s a good place to start.
1. Pom Pom Scarf
If you aren’t a knitter or crocheter, you can still keep warm in the cooler months by harnessing the warm and fuzzy power of the pom pom. String about 10-12 together on a string piece of yarn and you have yourself and instant neck warmer. The instructions are in German, but there are still very helpful photos showing how to make pom poms with the doughnut method.
2. Pom Pom Slippers
Pom poms make an ordinary pair of slippers extra fun. You can get the instructions for making these here – Pom Pom Slippers Knitting Pattern – or add pom poms to a regular store-bought pair.
3. Pom Pom Summer Sandals
Get ready to ‘fiesta’ in your DIY Pom Pom Sandals. Mini pom poms and a hot glue gun is all it takes to jazz up a plain pair of sandals and make them party ready. Get the instructions on Damask Love.
4. Pom Pom Key Ring & Bag Charm
Never lose your keys again with this Tasseled Pom Pom Key Chain. You can feel and find your keys at the bottom of even the deepest darkest handbag. Clip it onto your favourite bag or basket and it doubles as a colourful bag charm. Get the DIY Pom Pom Key Chain Instructions here. Two great pom pom craft ideas in one tutorial.
5. Pom Pom Sun Hat
A boring old straw sun hat looks super chic with a few added pom poms. Why not change-up the colours to match your outfit? Get the instructions on & other things.